For the best First Ice cold therapy results, follow these simple treatment instructions:
- Discuss the use of any cold therapy prior to use if under the care of a medical
- Read the instructions on the package prior to use.
- Place First Ice packs in the freezer flat and unstacked with white valve side up for
at least 3 hours. This allows the packs to properly puff up with snow while freezing.
- Place a thin cloth between the pack and skin and keep the pack in place using an
elastic wrap if necessary. Or buy a Deluxe Neoprene First Ice Wrap for this
- Use First Ice intermittently: 20 minutes on and 20 minutes off, or follow your physician’s recommendations.
- Cold therapy should be soothing and comfortable. If you experience pain while
using First Ice, discontinue use, or increase the insulation (cloth or wrap) between
you and the product.
- After each use, return packs to the freezer for reuse. First Ice will provide superior
cold therapy for many uses. If you have stored your First Ice in the freezer for a
long time, thaw and refreeze First Ice to increase fluffiness. First Ice may also
gradually become less fluffy after repeated and consistent use.
- Replace your First Ice after long-term, continuous use to keep getting all the
benefits of “Snow Technology.”